|Salary:||S$150000 - S$170000 per annum|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
We are passionate technologists with an appreciation for clean code and fault tolerant systems. Our team is distributed across Australia and Europe, with engineers operating in pods within each region. We believe in leveraging different perspectives and backgrounds because that makes our team and product stronger.
We look for teammates who are:
Curious and aim to understand things deeply. Advocates for best practice.
Respectful and inclusive.
Comfortable sharing the grunt work.
What you will do as a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design, build and own APIs to be used as building blocks for the platform.
- Build and own a "pixel-perfect" implementation of our approved user interface.
- Write clean code and unit tests, perform code reviews, produce documentation and take the lead in solving complex technical challenges.
- Setup build infrastructure that allows stress-free deployments and releases.
- Use a data-driven approach to decide if new infrastructure or services need to be added.
- Design and execute experiments on new or emerging technologies, including documentation of results.
- Contribute to automated regression, performance and resiliency testing.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in best practice.
- Help grow the engineering team through interviews and code reviews.
- What you will bring
- A healthy curiosity, autonomy and a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer.
- Demonstrated technical initiative and a penchant for clean code.
- 6+ years of experience designing, building, deploying and scaling API driven systems.
Extensive knowledge of:
- Cloud architecture principles.
- Microservices and resiliency patterns.
- And fluency in Typescript and related frameworks - we use Node.js and React with Next.js and NestJS.
CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries e.g. Sass/Less and Webpack.
Experience working with:
- Relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP and Heroku.
- Containerisation tools such as Docker and Kubernetes. Observability tools like Prometheus and Grafana.
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Next.js and NestJS.
- Experience of GraphQL.
- State management tools such as Redux or Akita.
- An interest and knowledge of web3 technologies and smart contracts.
If you think you have what it takes but don't meet every point described above, please still apply! We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Job has Expired