We are looking for Data Engineers who understand data extraction and product environments.
People who are excited about tapping into large amounts of data, working on serverless networks and making sure the right information is getting to the relevant people. Someone who is a great programmer and understands code, yet at the same time with a business-oriented mindset to understand what is a necessary data point and what is not.
Come work in a start-up environment with a product space, while in the stability of a large firm. Be able to engineer and work with a diverse set of people to set up data products that make huge impacts on the business. Come be a leader and engineer a product that will be used at not only a regional but a global scope.
- Developing strong Python code and deploying this onto a complex AWS infrastructure with a mixture of both deployment and DevOps techniques.
- Be able to drive a fast-paced environment, working with business to understand what is required.
- Have the ability to work in a lean but very diverse team and hold responsibility for the data engineering pipelines you’d create
- Work especially closely with a data scientist and machine learning engineer to make sure the data points extracted are of the highest relevance.
- Be able to justify and recommend the right type of infrastructure while setting the standard for the software engineering principle.
- Have a strong communication ability to make sure that the team is working in a cohesive manner and that you’re achieving the set business targets.
- At least 5 years of experience driving data engineering projects, writing high-quality code in Python and Scala or java
- With 5 years of experience in relational database technology so that you’re proficient in using the SQL stack
- Have a professional level of understanding infrastructure, design, and maintenance of data pipelines
- Experienced with cloud technologies and exposure to AWS S3, Lambda and RDS
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to understand the needs of both technical and non-technical people
- Bonus to having worked in start-up environments in the past
- Good to have experience with Big Data stacks, Hadoop and Spark
- Have prior experience with continuous integration is also preferable
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Angie Wakefield at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1781517