|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Backend Engineer
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the role
Our client is a high growth start-up, who is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer. You will develop, maintain, and support a complex modern web application made of multiple micro services (Typescript / Node.JS). You will also gain experience in the latest concepts, technologies, and modern frameworks such as Typescript (Nest.JS), Event Driven Architecture, Micro Services, Docker & AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and code multiple micro-services and APIs
- Provide technical expertise for the architecture and technical decisions regarding building complex backend systems
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
- Raise and document non-functional requirements
- Unblock the team when complex technical issue arises using pair programming, conducting RCAs, and getting deep into the codebase
- Review design, code and write tests to ensure a high quality
- Identify, document and estimate cost for technical debt
- Coach and mentor individuals to grow within the company, improve in both productivity and quality
- Collaborate with other engineering team to align technical solutions
- Collaborate with Product to execute the roadmap and ensuring a great User Experience
- Identify and escalate potential risks to stakeholders while proposing solutions to address them.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System or equivalent fields of study
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- 3+ years of hands on coding using Typescript
- Strong problem solving skills
- Expertise building APIs (Rest, GraphQL...)
- Expertise building complex micro-services with real time data
- Expertise in SQL and DB schema
- Expertise writing Unit Tests and Integration tests
- Expertise with Git
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline (configuration / setup)
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with Docker, capability to write dockerfile and create images
- Experience with authentication and authorization systems such as JWT, OAuth...
- Good knowledge of best practices and software engineering patterns
- Experience with AWS (ECS, SQS, RDS...)
- Knowledge of monitoring and SRE (healthchecks, dahboard, metrics...)
- Hand on experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD, BDD...
- Clear and concise communication skills in English and Vietnamese
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R2199999
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
Job has Expired