|Posted:||27 days ago|
Next Wave Partners is looking for a Project Finance and M&A Associate for an important financial advisory consultancy specialized in renewable energies and the energy transition.
The ideal candidate should have a strong track record in renewables and have had exposure to transactions (ideally from a boutique or a team that has done debt/equity transactions) and strong modelling and management skills with more junior people (analysts).
- Master in modelling
- Master the regulations, uses and legal and fiscal issues of the development of renewable projects
- Master the content and issues relating to transactional documentation (credit contract, intercreditor, shareholder agreement, sale contract, GAP etc.) and be able to check the relevance and consistency of information
- Master the content and issues relating to transactional marketing documentation ( IM, financial model, term sheet etc.), be able to check the relevance and consistency of information
- Master technical aspect of the various operations that the boutique works on (project financing, sale of equity interests, etc.)
- Know and understand:
- Company sector and positioning on the market (clients, competitors, investors, banks etc.)
- How different renewable technologies work and their main technical issues
- Master the techniques of financial analysis and modeling :
- Have an intuitive understanding of the results to drive Analysts and control their work efficiently
- Adapt the design of the financial model to the problem it must address
- Manage a team:
- Organize the analyst around the production of deliverables and segment the tasks
- Accurately assess the scope and complexity of tasks to delegate according to the skills level
- Make sure everyone's goals are understood
- Anticipate possible complications, assess their criticality, and manage work in a consistent way
- Exercise quality control with a back-and-forth logic with Analysts
- Have visibility on what the finished job should look like
- Provide information :
- Understand the message that must be communicated and make sure the deliverables are compliant
- Structure an argument
Excellent Compensation package and other benefits. It will include a base salary and a bonus.
Some additional benefits include healthcare, odontology, meal allowance, transport allowance, etc.
The role will be offered through a long-term contract.
The job will be based in Madrid, with occasional travel in Europe.
By joining this company, you will join a human-sized company where you will get the chance to work in a young and dynamic environment while taking part in all the aspects of our diverse activity. You will acquire strong financial skills and will gain solid knowledge related to financial transactions (project finance and M&A) while evolving in an entrepreneurial framework where everyone participates in the growth of the company, where initiative is encouraged and where everyone can make an impact.