A growing offshore wind developer is looking to hire an experienced Project Director to oversee the end-to-end delivery of a new project they have in Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering the project from the Project Development team at the end of the development phase and assuming this responsibility until hand over of the complete project.
- Leading the construction, commissioning, and hand-over of an offshore wind project according to budget, schedule, quality, and without HSE issues.
- Carrying out initial project risk assessments.
- Analyzing installation technology, installation sequence and construction concepts
- Supporting the selection of vessels, onshore and offshore sites according to feasibility and availability.
- Ensuring the project is maximized in quality and the contracts are minimized in risk.
- Ensuring detailed installation planning including smooth interfacing of contractors, construction timeline and milestone plan, giving particular attention to a high level of compliance with all HSE requirements.
- Working closely with the Engineering team and make sure that the project is technically compliant with specifications
- Establishing regular progress reporting routines to lenders and the board of directors
- Consistently exploring time saving measures, cost and risk reduction, quality improvements, or optimization of interface management for the project
- Assessing, identifying and managing risks from the installation phase onwards
- Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience managing the delivery of at least 1 offshore wind project
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience during the construction phase of an offshore wind project
- Flexibility to travel when necessary
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Mike Feely on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1940
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1767587