|Posted:||13 days ago|
Title: Plant Manager (Coal fired power plant)
NextWave Partners is the Recruitment Partner of choice within the Clean Energy, Sustainable Infrastructure, ESG, Impact Investment, Climate-Tech & Technology sectors. We are committed to supporting industries battling climate change towards a net-zero future and a sustainable economy.
About the Role
We are working with a leading asset owner within the power sector in the Philippines who are looking for a Plant Manager for their coal fired asset in the Philippines.
- Manages the facility to meet or exceed daily production goals within permissible legal limits employing sound business principles and in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
- Manages the overall terms and conditions of the applicable operations and maintenance agreement for the facility.
- Manages the implementation of system programs and policies in the production of electricity in a safe, efficient, and prudent manner.
- Selects, develops, trains, and prepares the staff to successfully assume plant operations and maintenance responsibilities at commercial operation.
- Directs development and implementation of plant operations, maintenance, safety and administrative procedures consistent with company policies.
- Prepares facility operations and maintenance budget.
- Directs development of short term and long-term goals based upon company goals and objectives.
- Directs operations and maintenance to achieve operational and budget related goals. * Ensures that all plant activities, operational and environmental, are carried out in compliance with local code regulations and laws.
- Coordinates with other corporate groups to promote communication and adequate information flow achieving maximum operational results.
- Reviews organization and staffing plan to ensure they are adequate for attainment of operations and maintenance objectives.
- Administers salary and personnel policy programs.
- Directs planning and research into potential capital improvements to the facility.
- Responds quickly to plant conditions or requirements which may involve extended or abnormal work hours.
- Establish contacts and interactions with external organizations that allow an understanding of their concerns.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in science or engineering is desired.
- At least 15 years' experience in operational and maintenance management and supervision in a coal-fired generating facility.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial planning and management.
- Knowledge of electric power generating plant equipment, operations, and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills for frequent interactions with supervisors, employees, outside vendors, community representatives, local government and regulatory agencies.
- Proficient with personal computers, word processing ,data and spreadsheet software.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
EA Registration No: R1223713
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)