My client is a rapidly growing renewable energy company is seeking for a person for Legal Manager role. The company is expanding due to demand of market. This position will closely working with Finance and Development teams and managing the whole legal team.
Key Responsibilities &Tasks:
- Structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements in relation to business and project development activities in Japan.
- In particular, daily work would include drafting and reviewing land lease/superficies/purchase agreements, ad hoc MOUs, community agreements, joint development agreements, power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, equipment supply arrangements, EPC and O&M agreements and project finance agreements in Japan.
- Providing legal advice on and review business development proposals, LOI's
- MOU's and other pre-contract matters.
- Working on legal requests of all kinds, focusing on local commercial law laws (including company law).
- Observing changes and development of law.
- Engaging, instructing and managing outside counsel activities and costs.
- Analysis of complex legal issues and delivery of proactive and strategic advice to all levels of management, assisting on developing business.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and corporate policies in Japan.
- Fluency in both written and spoken business Japanese is required. Business proficiency in spoken and written English required.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements (i.e. supply agreements, services agreements, construction agreements, operation and maintenance agreements both in Japanese and English);
- Desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and dependable and detail oriented.
- Must be solutions-focused with creative problem solving skills a strong ability to think commercially to facilitate transactions with the company's risk profile.
- Strong organizational skills and good at managing and prioritizing numerous projects to meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, and comfortable operating with a substantial amount of autonomy.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team setting and having the ability to work across functions and departments, as well as with business partners and customers.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Sayo Kiyama on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1653437