NextWave Partners are currently engaged with a steadily growing East-Coast-Based Utility that is expanding their new business unit and are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer. This role will help support development, commissioning, operations, and maintenance of Natural Gas Pipelines.
The Lead Systems Engineer will develop, manage and maintain pipeline system hydraulic models using steady state and transient flow simulation techniques to recommend facilities designs for system expansions. The successful candidate will develop and maintain flow diagrams to support regulatory filings, optimize daily system operations and scheduling, analyze system performance, support Gas Control real-time operations and maintenance scheduling. This role will also be reponsible to Identify facilities and upgrades as required to ensure the proper, cost effective design, evaluation and operation of the company’s natural gas infrastructure. The Lead Systems Engineer will develop database and analytics to move compressor maintenance from calendar/hourly based to condition-based maintenance and collaborate with the Commercial team on development of system expansions, midstream investment opportunities and optimization of pipeline capacity.
- Utilize computer modeling and data analysis tools to aid in the evaluation, justification, and development of solutions to gas system issues and/or opportunities
- Analyze and model annual peak day system operational data to simulate system flow and pressure characteristics needed to accurately forecast various scenarios due to proposed system changes, scheduled shutdowns, and emergency conditions
- Continually maintain and update the hydraulic network models for all midstream gas systems. Liaison with department SCADA staff to ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of system models
- Model daily operational capacity and work with scheduling team to support optimal pipeline capacity
- Work with Commercial group to develop facilities scopes and preliminary estimates for system expansions
- Develop system design evidence in concert with Regulatory team for inclusion in FERC 7 (c) applications for system expansion projects
- Maintain FERC certificated system flow diagram/capacity records to support periodic compliance and rate filings
- Review new business opportunity engineering documents, procedures and other relevant data for accuracy, completeness, and potential risks
- Define system constraints, determine maximum system throughputs, evaluate system measurement and pressure control equipment for optimization of operational constraints.
- Work with Control Room staff to formulate operations procedures to maximize daily capacity
- Develop data base and analytics to transition from calendar-based maintenance to condition based maintenance
- Perform industry benchmark analysis
- Develop an Asset Life Cycle plan
- Support assets with engineering reviews and project design as needed
- Work closely with SCADA Team on location of pressure monitoring points etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, civil, or petrochemical
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Proven experience in Transient and Steady State Gas Flow Analysis including work with Synergi Pipeline Simulator or equivalent Hydraulic Modeling Software
- Experience with development of system design evidence for FERC 7(c) applications for authorization to construct and operate gas pipeline facility expansions
- Experience managing FERC interstate pipeline system design requirements for compliance and rate filings
- Capacity planning experience supporting daily pipeline system scheduling
- Prior experience working with pipeline business developers is a plus
- Prior experience with estimating and scheduling gas pipeline expansion projects a plus
- Prior Asset Management experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills
- Must be detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mähner at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (929) 295-6707 (Direct Line)