We are working with a leading Online Internet company that is rapidly growing. They are looking for someone to come in as a leader in software development, to build on their current products, and to mentor other developers.
You’d be expected to write exceptional code on open-source tools such as Java, Scala, and Python. At the same time, solving complex problems in regard to the business domains that you have.
You’d be joining a team of strong engineers solving problems that affect millions of dollars in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. You’d have new opportunities to explore and learn, developing a lot of growth.
- Code exceptionally on at least one object-oriented programming language and be able to take charge of products for the team, solving a multitude of complex problems
- Work with a multitude of stakeholders and be able to build on large scale technologies for regional problem sets across Singapore and South East Asia
- Design product requirements and have good problem-solving skills when needed
- Be a good mentor to young talent on the team and take ownership of your work
- Work with an international team and be able to adapt to various working styles and a potential multi-lingual environment
- Minimally Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields
- Proficient in Java for at least 5 years of experience, as well as another object-oriented programming language, preferably Python or Scala
- Good to have knowledge in functional computing and reactive programming
- Prior experience working on a large scale, high performing platforms requiring high-reliability system development
- Have experience with modern testing technologies and methodologies, with a firm belief in BDD and TDD
- Strong communication style to work through your ideas with the team – articulating ideas to both tech and non-tech stakeholders
- Be open-minded and ready to learn new technologies and domains when required; having a flexible working style
- Bonus if there is a prior experience on big data analysis or data modelling, especially with stream processing engines like Apache Flink
- Preferably able to speak one other Asian language alongside fluent English
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Angie Wakefield at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1949
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1781517