NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP in the Middle East who are putting together an
O&M team for a large thermal power plant. For that purpose they’re looking for a Head of Training is responsible for managing the work of the Training Section.
Roles and responsibilities
The Head of Training will be:
- Accountable for compiling and managing all employees Personal Development Planning (PDPs) and associated training plans.
- Authorised for liaising with all Section Heads to arrange the training requirements for each section.
- Authorised for managing the company training budget
- Ensuring that training plans support the needs of the company business plan.
- Organising and implementing all training required for statutory and mandatory licenses.
- Liaising with external bodies related to all training programs including statutory and mandatory training.
- Delivering training as appropriate to meet the needs of Section training plans.
- Setting up and maintaining management training information system.
- Managing and developing the members of the Training Section and conduct performance appraisals as necessary.
- Ensureing a positive personal contribution to safety, security and good housekeeping.
- Undertaking any additional relevant duties and responsibilities within the roles and capabilities.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Identify training and development needs within an organisation through Job Analysis, Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and regular consultation with department managers.
- Review the training plan submitted by EPC Vendor, identifying the gaps and develop training and development programmes for all employees at middle & junior management levels and freshers.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual
- Produce training materials for in-house courses
- Conducting and coordinating in-house training on design, operation and maintenance of power plants
- Arranging training courses with outside providers
- Monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of all training carried out internally and externally
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Maintaining records of training courses and attendance.
- Periodic reporting of the status of training activities
- To perform any other duties assigned by the management or his/her direct superior from time to time
- Have at least Minimum >10 years experience in a Power Plant environment with Minimum 3 years experience in Training function at solid fuel power plants of capacity >200 MW.
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high levels of organization, written/verbal communication and documentation skills with strong leadership skills.
- Proven strong analytical and Training need analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and work at all levels within the business. The candidate must be fully committed and flexible to meet the business requirements.
- Good overall knowledge of power plant operations and maintenance.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713