|Posted:||about 2 months ago|
Title: Head of Product
Are you driven by passion, innovation and a love of all things music? Well then, you've come to the right place.
My client is on a mission to empower artists to generate new revenue streams by delivering wonderful experiences to fans. We do this by offering artists and their fans intuitive access to the creative and financial opportunities of web3 technology.
We are deeply committed to advancing the tapestry of musical fandom and achieve this by empathising with the needs of artists, fans and the music industry. Our marketplace has been built with extensive industry feedback and our deep relationships with the music community enable us to work with the most creative and influential artists around the world.
Composed of music fans, industry veterans and expert engineers, our team is brought together by a shared dream of a more intimate and empowering future of musical fandom.
Sounds like your kind of mission? Well then, keep reading.
We are looking for a Head of Product to enshrine our product vision, strategy, process, roadmap and analytics into the business in partnership with the CEO, CTO, Engineering Manager and Experience & Design Lead.
Core to this role is an enthusiasm to work across the stack of responsibilities; from topline strategy setting to execution with the design and technical teams, to user testing, resourcing and team management. We're a small team with big aspirations.
What you'll do:
- Deeply empathise with artists and fans. Artists and fans are at the heart of everything we do. You will be required to develop a deep understanding of our market, customer personas, how they work, their pain points, macro trends, etc. The team will look to you to be the voice of artists and fans in every discussion.
- Own the roadmap. You will work closely with our CEO to define our vision and strategy. You won't just build what customers ask for - you're able to think strategically through customer needs, business opportunities and technical challenges when creating your roadmap. You are constantly striving to strike the right balance of innovation, product performance and core product improvements.
- Build our product team. You will be responsible for hiring wonderful people to support in materialising your product vision over time. This will see you work alongside recruiters, be involved throughout the recruiting process, and make budgetary decisions.
- Partner design and engineering. You will be the glue between design and engineering. You will need to be highly collaborative in your approach, working closely with design and engineering team members to make sure everyone is brought along the journey of product discovery and exploration, and support the daily decisions required to build great products efficiently at scale. You are constantly building customer empathy with the team.
- Bridge partnerships and engineering. You understand that the demands of sales and the current state of technology are not always aligned, so you will set expectations and provide timelines to the partnerships team to help them set customer expectations.
- Think big, but start small. We set lofty goals and have a bold, exciting vision for our product. You are able to build your own vision for your product area, and get your teammates and customers excited about it. This is balanced by your ability to sweat the details and push the product forward one day at a time.
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. A great product person is pragmatic. You'll need to make the right tradeoffs to keep moving forward by balancing a variety of inputs and customer demands.
- Be accountable for product quality. You're accountable for ensuring we always deliver a world-class product experience. We expect you to raise the bar and coach your team on why a great product experience is important, and what sort of things we need to do to build and maintain a world-class product.
- Strong product management experience. You have occupied a lead product role in a professional organisation or startup, with 5+ years of experience owning a product roadmap and executing against it. You've experienced the ups and downs of shipping brand new product features, learning from customer feedback and iterating on your strategy.
- Experience working closely with design and engineering teams. We expect you to jump right in and collaborate with our designers and engineers. You've had experience working in the weeds with product teams in making tough priority tradeoffs and helping them set product strategy.
- Clear communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distil them down into concise, exciting talking points. You have experience bringing the voice of the customer to an entire team and get buy-in on your ideas and strategies.
- Pragmatism. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the entire lifecycle of product exploration, launch and adoption. You have a proven track record of making tough tradeoffs and rallying a team through difficult challenges.
- Strong domain expertise is a plus. Ideally, you have hands-on experience working in small startups that are growing. Domain expertise in the music industry would be helpful, but not required.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on the platform with your latest CV. We will review your application and revert back promptly.
Keep in touch
If you would wish to keep up to date with the latest NextWave opportunities and industry updates, please follow us on LinkedIn and create your profile on our website to receive a weekly newsletter in your inbox!
Diversity is a core value at NextWave Partners, and we are proud to be partnering with equal opportunities employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
NextWave Partners Ltd. (EA License No: 16S8303 - UEN: 201602833E)
- Web: www.next-wavepartners.com
Job has Expired