To lead the business development campaign of a large renewable energy developer in Ireland, overseeing projects from origination to financial close.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop new business opportunities and see that these opportunities are pursued to their maximum potential.
- Developing a viable solar (and storage in certain jurisdictions) offering.
- Develop strong working relationships with the project funders and its Investment Managers
- To develop strong external relationships with key stakeholders throughout the market.
- To oversee PR, lobbying and marketing activities
- Manage the Legal and Technical Due Diligence process with the support of the legal and technical teams
- Negotiate the relevant project contracts: NDA, Exclusivity, Lease, PPA, SPA and EPC
- Generating and understanding company strategies and developing best business practices accordingly.
- Prepare financial model to assess the returns of the project
- To develop strong working relationships with the project funders
- Reporting concisely and clearly to Senior Management and the Board on global developments.
- Technical understanding of solar and the energy markets.
- Understanding of renewables industry, energy and environmental issues in the relevant jurisdiction
- Understanding of financial modelling
- Ability to manage the entire project development process with various stakeholders and suppliers (originate, negotiate land right agreements, commercial DD, technical DD, off-taker agreements, etc).
- Strong understanding of commercial activities including funding arrangements and legal requirements.
- Varied experience in private and public sector, showing adaptability and ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding of lobbying, PR and marketing
- Educational Attainment
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline Post-graduate qualifications in related discipline
- Proven track record of:
- First-hand experience of business development and growing a team
- Influencing and shaping policy
- Delivering growth in a new market.
- Negotiation skills and communication skills.
- Financial structuring is desired.
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Louison Cassarino at NextWave Partners
Direct: +65 6340 1933
EA License No.: R1875244
EA Registration No.: 16S8303