My client, one of Australia's largest electricity transmission providers are seeking a Grid Connection Specialist to join their team due to company growth and expansion.
In this role you will be required to provide technical expertise to the broader team to help facilitate the connections of new infrastructure projects in Australia. To be successful in this role, you will tasked with assessing the technical and regulatory compliance of new connections to the NSW transmission network from initial enquiry to delivery and energisation whilst also leading the coordination of technical solutions and business case development for = clients.
To be considered for the role, you will ideally have a background in the engineering consulting industry working with renewable energy developers or asset owners. The successful candidate will have strong technical acumen and the desire to progress within the business into an eventual leadership role.
- Relevant qualifications in Electrical Engineering and extensive industry knowledge and experience.
- Engineering consulting experience, particularly within grid connection design.
- Experience with other power generation technologies
- Substantial experienced gained in the transmission, distribution (T&D) or electricity generation industries.
- Demonstrated commercial/contract management skills and experience.
- Extensive experience in negotiating and delivering network connections.
- Familiarity with the NER, NEM, AEMO and AEMC requirements and functions.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage customer requirements and requests.
- Familiarity with system planning, modelling studies and integration of new system generation and loads.
- Understanding of substation and lines construction including estimate duration and costs.
- Familiarity with integration of non-scheduled and renewable energy generation to large scale grids.
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible working options available
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Discounted private health insurance plan
- Salary Sacrifice and novated leasing options Health and Wellbeing Programs, e.g. Fitness Passport - allowing access to over 200+ gyms and pools at discounted rates.
- Employee Welfare Fund and Benefits Program
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)... and much more!
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Jamie McMenemie at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +61 2 9098 4340
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1550272