NextWave Partners is working exclusively with a leading infrastructure/utility project developer who is looking to expand their office in Singapore. As part of their growth, the client is looking to strengthen their finance team and thus, looking for a Financial Controller to be based in Singapore.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that financial transactions are recorded in compliance with the relevant legislation and Financial Reporting Standards (‘FRSs’).
- Manage complete accounting, treasury and financial reporting for the company and its overseas offices.
- Ensure all accounting entries incorporated and the presentation of the financial statements comply with the relevant legislation and Financial Reporting Standards (‘FRSs’)
- Prepare and manage all monthly financial reports for purposes of reporting to the management.
- To provide analysis for the assessment of impairment of goodwill and intangible assets.
- Consolidate monthly accounts for all businesses/offices set up in other countries.
- Manage taxation matters including Corporate Tax, GST, Property Tax and Transfer Pricing to ensure full compliance.
- Review corporate tax computations and submissions to IRAS, working with tax advisor to ensure optimal basis is adopted and address any queries from IRAS
- Prepare property tax computation and address any queries from IRAS
- Maintain up-to-date intercompany agreements and transfer pricing documentation taking into account relevant changes in business, structure or regulations as appropriate.
- Facilitate the statutory audit process.
- Coordinate audit requirements to facilitate a smooth process
- Prepare statutory financial statements and the annual report for the group taking into account the latest changes in reporting standards
- Coordinate the closure of audit process and the finalization of the audit report.
- To respond to management and auditor’s queries on the same.
- Degree in Accountancy / MBA with at least 5-10 years relevant experience (preferably in utilities, oil/gas or engineering firms) with at least 3 years relevant experience in long term financing planning preferably in the development of infrastructure/utilities.
- Chartered Accountant of Singapore and/or past experience in big 4 audit firm will be advantageous
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and consolidated accounts
- Knowledge of SAP or other accounting software required.
- Strong in business controls.
- Strong understanding of hedge accounting and derivative pricing.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate and taxation.
- Experience in leading a team.
If interested in discussing this or other related roles, please contact Christopher Stephens at
Direct: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713