NextWave is working with a transformational technology company that is redefining hydropower to stay globally a cost-effective and trustworthy clean energy resource in an energy economy shifting to distributed intermittent renewables.
The client is preparing for expansion and significant sales with committed municipal and utility customers in 2021 as well as growing project development interest. As part of this expansion, they are seeking a Director of Project Development, who will drive the business development efforts in California, to begin with.
The ideal candidate will have a solid track record of the origination and closing C&I deals in California and comes with a strong network within the renewable energy sector in California.
This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer and have frequent interaction with the CEO and the company’s executive team.
- Originate and develop project opportunities; lead the company through project development to close deals
- Interface directly with landowners, PPA counterparties, government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Manage the permitting and interconnection processes and drive stakeholder engagement
- Develop new relationships with project partners to increase market reach
- Research, conduct self-guided analysis, produce reports, and present information clearly to management
- Analyze, understand, and apply statutory incentives, rules, and standards in the development process
- Support market discovery and product requirements for new applications and territories
- Regular travel to project site locations and stakeholder meetings will be required
- 7+ years of work experience in renewable energy project development originating, developing and closing deals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Engineering (equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- An understanding of resource (land, water) development or acquisition, the electric utility industry, solar and energy storage technology, and/or energy markets
- Direct experience developing/negotiating PPAs and utilizing existing regulatory structures to sell power
- Previous experience interacting directly with landowners, and state government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Working knowledge of project-based financial models
- Top notch written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Initiative and a sense of urgency
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)