NextWave Partners is working with a leading renewable and energy storage developer that is backed by a reputable investment management firm. Our client is seeking an experienced professional to join its finance team and support the development, acquisition and financing of its utility-scale project portfolio across the United States.
- Playing a lead role in the financing and acquisition of projects, at times running the deal, and at other times, working shoulder to shoulder with the CFO on execution.
- Leading the company’s project financial analysis, and in so doing, developing junior finance talent, including with regards to tax equity and other project finance modeling.
- Closely liaising with the Power Marketing, EPC and Business Development teams to evaluate opportunities, honing an efficient way to track, advance and pass on opportunities.
- Developing feedback loops to institutionalize learnings.
- Supporting on broader treasury and budgeting matters, recognizing that a high-quality developer knows how to stretch and optimize the use of its development capital.
- As part of an entrepreneurial organization and finance team, a willingness and desire to be involved in many aspects of the organization.
- A willingness to level-up and down, taking on more responsibilities and leadership while also wanting to be part of the details, and not feeling “above” the modeling or general business development realities of growing a large platform.
- Financial structuring and deal making experience, including with regards to evaluating complex revenue structures.
- High quality financial modeling capabilities, with demonstrable experience in the US power generation space (incl tax equity)
- Ideally have led at least one financing and supported on several others.
- 6-10 years’ experience, including at least 3 in the US renewables industry.
- An existing rolodex of project finance relationships.
- The desire to build a platform / IPP, versus a development and flip base model.
- Illustrative curiosity about power generation and storage technology, and power markets.
- Project M&A Experience, preferably on the buy side. Sell side is a plus.
- Must have relevant experience with a developer, investment firm in the renewable energy space, or investment banking specializing in power/energy/utilities.
- Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems (solar and/or storage preferred, wind a plus)
- While clearly a finance-centric role, enough knowledge of accounting matters to engage with auditors on commercial project issues.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, and regularly juggle multiple priorities.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Sana Anjum at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)