Our client is a one of the leading Big-4 businesses globally, this role is attached to the Asia-Pacific Financial Crime Strategy and Response Centre.
As part of the Financial Crime Analytics & Technology, you will be involved in a wide range of projects, including:
- Gathering and analysing large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of disputes, investigations and litigations
- Managing modelling projects including model design, data preparation, model development, implementation, documentation, and on-going validation & optimisation of rules/ scenarios
- Establishing integrated and automated workflows to meet compliance requirements
- Conducting interviews with business and technical parties to gather requirements, identify risk factors, and establish metrics that provide enhanced visibility on control environments
- Helping clients to assess and leverage new data sources, techniques and technologies to improve business processes and compliance
- Contributing to impactful recommendations on clients’ operating models, including people, process, technology, and data considerations
To be able to succesfully direct the technical teams, capabilities in two or more of the following areas is essential:
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills (e.g. SQL, R, Python, Hive)
- Experience with industry standard RDMS (Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL Server or IBM DB2 preferred)
- Data loading and ETL solutions (Microsoft SSIS or IBM DataStage preferred)
- Reporting and data visualisation tools (Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview, D3)
- Scripting or programming experience (C#, VB.net, Java, Python)
- Experience of text analytics through use of taxonomies, concept searching, machine learning or clustering
You would need the following experience:
- Degree in statistics, computer science or other quantitative field. Advanced degree in related field preferred
- 6-8 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years in a client-facing role in “Big Four” or top-tier consulting firm.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking with the ability to dive deep into analytics while also contributing to larger strategic discussions
- 5+ years of experience data analytics, data processing and application design and development in financial crime investigations and compliance for multi-national financial services institutions
- Track record of designing and establishing workflows that support fraud risk detection, reporting and prevention in financial services (banking and securities, insurance, investment management, real estate, etc.)
Kindly reach me at email@example.com for a confidential chat along with your latest CV.
**This position is ONLY open to candidates currently based in Singapore. Thank you.**