We are working with a major international integrated energy business looking to enter the Australian Renewable Energy Market. This company is has a global asset base in the oil and gas industry and has made big strides in the APAC Renewables industry in recent years.
The client is looking for first boots on the ground with a Development Manager / Head of Development who will be responsible for end-to-end project development activities from project origination through to the commencement of construction for renewable energy projects including wind, solar PV, and battery storage. They would consider both M&A and greenfield development in order to hit their ambitious targets.
- Identify and develop renewable energy projects in line with business goals and objectives
- Develop business cases for each development project and present to executive team
- Ensure projects are developed in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable legislation
- Manage all relevant development activities utilising both internal and external resources to deliver projects in accordance with Company Standards, corporate values and processes
- Negotiate and secure agreements with landowner(s) to provide appropriate rights to develop, construct and operate renewable energy facilities
- Secure all third party stakeholder consents necessary to build and operate renewable energy projects
- Manage aspects of the grid connection process and engage specialist consultants where necessary
- Manage and maintain communications with external stakeholders and the project team and prepare and present progress reports to senior management
- Manage community and stakeholder consultation on relevant projects
- Coordinate the technical aspects of the due diligence process, reviewing early stage opportunities including teasers and assessing project viability
This company is open to candidates who have a minimum of 7 years experience in the renewables industry with a strong network in the Australian market. Given it is the first hire for them in Australia they would also consider senior individuals that could set up and manage their overall Australia platform in future.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Alex Bacciarelli at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239