We are seeking to identify and appoint an experienced commercial contracts manager to enhance and strengthen our Commercial function.
This is a newly created position will report to the Commercial Director and will be based in London. Regular travel, including occasional short-notice travel, to support our Projects and Operations functions in Oslo and to engage with counterparties internationally in West Africa, Singapore, and the USA will be a critical requirement of the role.
- Managing and administering contractual obligations with counterparties to FLNG Charter agreements, EPC contracts, and shareholder agreements.
- Creating and defending value and options under existing FLNG related contracts for the client and our counterparties
- Strengthen the link between ongoing operations and projects teams and corporate functions like finance & legal
- Provide feedback and continuous improvement from projects and operations into new FLNG deals
- Understand and aid in the project and operations teams’ understanding of all contract requirements and coordinate with the project and operations teams to ensure compliance with all contracts throughout the life of the project.
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance.
- Prepares and initiates letters and responses to contractors, customers and equity partners regarding various aspects of the project and contract. Prepares notices and facilitates quick responses to inquiries.
- Collaborates with Business Development, Projects, Operations, Tax, Finance, Legal and other departments as necessary in the administration of major contracts
- Works with the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions and prepares change order and amendment documents in conjunction with legal and the leadership team.
- Manages the ongoing life cycle of the agreements including any potential amendments to product/service price/payment and/or terms and conditions, contract performance against commitments, and compliance to agreed terms.
- Develops and integrates commercial contract management tools, templates, methods and processes.
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in energy and contracts management, preferably with LNG or offshore oil & gas projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles.
- Strong contracts negotiation skills with the ability to resolve contracts and pricing issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant bachelor degree
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation
- Self-starter, comfortable working in an autonomous role and part of a team
Interested candidates feel free to email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will get back to shortlisted candidates directly. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to all applicants due to volume, we apologize if you don’t hear from us but do promise to reach out should something relevant come up.