Multinational Independent Power Producer in Japan is looking for the Business Development manager. You will have the opportunity to work with very experienced people in offshore wind sector and be the one to successfully expand the business in Japan. You will be required to have Japanese language skills at mother tongue fluency.
Business development manager with responsibility for managing the current potential project as well as sourcing new renewable power projects. The company is seeking a highly motivated Project Development Manager to join its team in Tokyo, Japan.
- Develop new project opportunities in the renewable power sector. (In Japan, it would be offshore wind)
- Responsible for taking development prospects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for understanding all prefectural, city and municipal regulations in relation to constructing offshore wind plants.
- Local liaison with the relevant local government agencies to develop good relations and ensure best commercial/technical solution is accepted.
- Build relationships with stakeholders.
- Liaison with experts in Tokyo office to ensure a unified approach to project development across teams in the company.
- Act as local ambassador for the company to ensure good relationships with communities and local leaders are achieved and are consistent with commercial and operational objectives of the company
- Highly motivated and high energy individual, able to generate leads and opportunities from own research and existing or new contacts.
- Minimum 5 years of renewable energy or similar complex project development experience with exposure to permitting, environmental impact assessments, and community relations both governmental and private
- Reasonable understanding of renewable energy sector
- Excellent spoken and written Japanese (native level)
- Possess exceptional negotiation and relationship skills
- English language proficiency
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Sayo Kiyama at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1941
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1653437