NextWave is currently supporting a leading global renewable energy developer who is currently expanding their offshore wind operations in the US. The Business Development Manager will support the identification and execution of business opportunities to help increase the portfolio of offshore wind-powered generation projects.
The Business Development Manager will assist the Country Manager overseeing the company’s investment in joint ventures ensuring the joint-venture benefits of a sound governance and benefiting the company’s ad-hoc services when required.
The Business Development Manager will be accountable to coordinate development initiatives of different degree of maturity by leading the initiative or else supporting the manager of such initiative.
The role requires thoughtful coordination and cooperation with other parts of the international company and US areas as well as their joint venture partners.
Will be based in The Company’s Boston office and should expect some travelling in the US including occasional visits to the corporate offices in the US and Overseas.
- Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders, including elected officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and community leaders, to support the company’s offshore business development. Participate in policy, regulation and supply chain outreach efforts.
- Provide ad-hoc services to the joint ventures (set up in East and West Coast) in order to achieve the project milestones.
- Facilitate the communication and coordination of activities with the company’s joint-venture partners. Support the decision-making process to achieve key project milestones.
- Support the preparation of proposals that are submitted to federal and state authorities to secure initial development rights by:
- Leading and/or supporting the procurement of services and manage the contract relation with vendors.
- Assessing the offshore areas technical and economic viability.
- Developing project budgets and schedules.
- Supporting the financial analysis and modeling of projects producing and reviewing the key input.
- Managing the process expenditures and controlling.
- Coordinating the activities of other areas, such as Legal, Engineering, Construction, Origination, Finance, Investment Analysis and Energy Assessment teams.
- Represent the company in trade association and industry forums as required.
- Produce memos and communicate information continuously and effectively to management and cross-functional teams.
- Support the Country Manager to negotiate and establish equity and/or commercial partnerships in coordination with other areas. Prepare and review commercial contracts. Coordinate and execute due diligences.
- Regarding infrastructure: assess and monitor the development of key infrastructure affecting the business development (e.g. ports, transmission) and manage high level relations with key stakeholders.
- Regarding supply chain, manage relationship with key local supply chain players in close coordination with the company’s commercial and joint venture teams.
- Research and monitor the offshore wind market landscape including peers and competitors on an ongoing basis
- Additional duties as required
- Location: Boston, MA
- Direct Reports: 0 -1 direct reports initially.
- Travel: Up to 50%, domestically by plane and by car and with short notice. Occasional international travel is also anticipated.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Over 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience in the energy industry
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software; knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software preferred
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market, please contact Silas Mahner at email@example.com