Our client is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator with an operational hub in East Africa and a new business in West Africa. Over the past seven years, they have been reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model on the continent.
They are creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
If you are excited about putting Africa at the forefront of a global energy paradigm shift, starting with Nigeria, then this is the job for you.
- Lead all Business Development activities within Nigeria.
- Support in building and leading the most efficient, motivated, and high-caliber team on the continent for implementing mini-grid and renewable energy technology.
- Instill values and standards of excellence within all new employees on the Nigeria team.
- Coordinate between the Nigeria business and other business units including headquarters and other country BUs.
- Drive and manage the cultivation of projects that match the vision and roadmap, specifically C&I, DISCO partnerships, and Urban Grids.
- Lead negotiations between the company and potential clients.
- Develop and build government and regulatory body relationships, both at a federal-level with REA, NERC, PHCN, NESREA, and others, and also at a state-level
- Ensure that you always meets its regulatory obligations in Nigeria.
- Represent the company at national-level policy feedback and negotiation sessions.
External Relationship Management
- Manage relationships with key partners across the private and public sectors, academia, and governmental institutions.
- Represent the company at industry events, and identify and cultivate important new partners.
- Contribute to the company's sector leadership through media engagement.
- Support the Commercial Development Team (Nairobi) in identifying and closing both project and corporate financing for all Nigeria-related work.
- Explore different financing entity structures, interfacing with lawyers, accountants and tax advisors to implement the most efficient structure for the company's Nigerian entity.
- Utilize your existing knowledge of DISCOs, to develop and enact a strategy to work with them and build customer connections throughout Nigeria.
- Lead project development and management. Coordinate with execution teams to deliver projects on-time and under budget.
- Design and lead long-term personnel resource planning and recruiting for your team C&I Projects
- Develop and enact a strategy of cultivating commercially viable projects for private off-takers.
- 7-10 years of experience managing teams or large-scale projects
- Experience in the energy, cleantech or utility sectors
- Ability to maintain complex financial models and translate analysis into action
- In-depth understanding of the operational nuances of running a business in Nigeria
- Significant work experience in Nigeria or other West African markets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset or experience starting a company
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office products
- Fluency in English required. Local language skills preferred.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events. And you'll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying Nigeria and West Africa.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Shaun Mogul at email@example.com - Direct Line: +65 6340 1913
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1981166