A large IPP who is constructing a large supercritical coal fired project in Asia and is looking to set up the construction team as the project has received NTP. For that purpose, they’re looking for a Boiler Construction Manager to:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day boiler construction execution effort related to the power block and associated boiler auxiliaries.
- Participates in the constructability reviews, involvement and support to work groups, planning interventions and problem solving sessions and implementing an integrated approach with the EPC Contractor and Sub‐Contractors.
- Implements best practices that will ensure that the targets to support the overall project goals are met. Ensure that the works are executed within the required timeframe, not deviating from the desired quality requirements and without harm to people and equipment.
- Conduct regular site inspection to ensure that all works are done safely.
- Inspect site for any environmental contravention with reference to project EMP, Environment requirements as per act and project related environmental management requirements.
- Verification of the EPC Contractors schedule, detail tracking the 4‐week look ahead and daily activities.
- Bachelor – Mechanical Engineering with at least 8 years related experience or a related Diploma with at least 15 years’ experience in coal fired power plant boiler construction.
- Must have experience in power plant boiler construction
- Must be experienced in the use of personal computers and business software particularly scheduling software.
- Ability to read and implement structural diagrams, schematics, mechanical drawings, and process diagrams.
- Must have project management skills and team leadership skills to direct diverse work groups, including AEs and contractors.
- Must have above average oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with a Chinese Contractor is an added advantage
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Christopher Stephens on the below email address and telephone number:
Direct Line: +65 6340 1947
EA License No: 16S8303
EA Registration No: R1223713