NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP focused on wind, solar and energy storage across North America. Backed by a globally renowned private equity firm.
Associate - Finance & Strategy is a critical hire to conduct analyses and create financial models to support the development of renewable energy and storage projects located in select markets in the US.
- Build and present financial, energy market, wind/solar production, and battery dispatch models for the development projects.
- Perform financial analysis using advanced modeling for renewable energy development projects
- Create pricing models based on capital expenditure, operating costs, energy curves, required return metrics, and other relevant inputs to support the Origination team’s marketing of projects under development.
- Design and employ solid methods, ensure accurate inputs and review model outputs to produce relevant and meaningful results.
- Analyze public and proprietary datasets to draw conclusions about energy markets, renewable energy demand and renewable resources.
- Assist with market research and commercial efforts as needed.
- Present the results through marketing presentations and memos.
- Perform financial analysis and assist in the evaluation of potential project M&A opportunities.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field like Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Finance/Computational Finance.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant working experience.
- Energy industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to tackle challenging problems with quantitative methods.
- Excellent research skills and drive to learn independently.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming language a plus.
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at email@example.com or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)