NextWave Partners is working with a leading IPP focused on wind, solar and energy storage across North America. Backed by a globally renowned private equity firm.
Analyst - Power System is a critical hire in its EPC group, responsible for supporting the interconnection of projects to the electric grid using common transmission system analysis tools.
- Support identification of renewable energy generation, energy storage, and transmission projects across the U.S. through power grid analyses.
- Coordinate the preparation of interconnection documentation and support the administration of interconnection positions for projects in the portfolio.
- Monitor and participate in the planning processes of various transmission providers. across the U.S.
- Develop innovative tools and approaches to enhance review of power systems across the U.S.
- Support due diligence of project acquisitions upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (e.g., physics, math, engineering, computer science) is required. 2+ years of professional experience.
- Understanding of power flow concepts and knowledge of power electronics equipment is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with power system analysis software such as PSS/E, PowerWorld, TARA, or equivalent is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with Transmission Service Providers (including ISOs/RTOs), NERC, and FERC a plus.
- Ability to perform detailed technical analysis and synthesize results.
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to review technical designs, reports, documentation, and data and provide analysis.
- Ability to work in a project-type environment with occasional tight deadlines and concurrentdeliverables.
- Ability to obtain approval to access Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII0).
For a confidential discussion, please send in your resume to Sana Anjum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at +1 (929) 353-7160 (Direct Line)