- Massive wealth of data to work with
- Solving logistics problems
- Expertise in optimisation
You will be working alongside bright minds across engineering, data science, analytics and product. You will build, validate and test a prototype, get it to the production-ready phase and see through to the launch. You will be building data science models to forecast and optimize operations and network efficiency. You will also be involved in the research and development of cutting-edge machine learning techniques to support specific business requirements and products.
Sound fundamentals on basic data science concepts as regression, classification and clustering problems are to be expected. Knowledge and experience in applying operations research techniques is highly preferred. We’re looking for a candidate who is proactive, challenges the status quo and has a strong drive to improve some of the region’s most difficult logistical problems. If you are passionate about building complex algorithms that helps to improve operations and machine learning solutions, you will enjoy this role!
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in related fields including Data Science, Operation Research, Optimisation
- PhD or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Working experience in data analysis and machine learning libraries (pandas, numpy, seaborn, ggplot, sk-learn, TensorFlow etc.)
- Experience in applying operations research techniques in academic or business context
- Knowledge of operations research libraries (CPLEX, Gurobi, Optaplanner, etc.)
- As you will be working in the logistics domain any domain expertise in transport, warehousing or aviation is highly valued
- Proficiency in Python
- Advanced skills in SQL
- Hands on experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik, etc.
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Knowledge of networking problems
- Knowledge of JVM languages (Scala, Kotlin, Java)
- Experience with one or more big data processing frameworks such as Spark is a plus
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and willing to share knowledge with team members
For a confidential discussion on this or any other opportunities available in the market please contact Vinny Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org - Direct Line: +65 6914 9936
EA License No: 16S8303 - EA Registration No: R1440239